Get In Touch
If you’re looking for advice about travelling to the USA, or would like to share something for my site I’d love to hear from you. You can get in touch using my contact form or details below.
Write for Our Travel Blog | Submit your Guest Post
I love hearing from the people who visit The Heartland USA. Meeting people who have true passion for traveling, photography and blogging makes me feel as though I have kindred spirits in the world and I truly appreciate each and every person who takes the time to contact me with kind words, useful feedback and ideas that have been inspired by the information that I post here.
So why should you take time out of your day to contact me? I can think of a few great reasons.
- You want to talk about who you are and where you have been. I love hearing about other people’s stories just as much as I enjoy sharing my own so I’m always curious to hear about the travels and adventures of The Heartland USA’s readers. So if you have any recommendations for where I should go next or just want to talk about something amazing that you have seen I want to hear from you. We may even be able to work something out where we can publish your stories on the website so that even more people see them. I love reading guest posts that you guys submit so don’t be afraid to submit one and tell everyone about your experiences!
- I’ve made no secret of the fact that I enjoy being able to make a living from this website and I wouldn’t be able to do that, at least not as effectively as I do, without the help of my wonderful partners. You may have noticed a number of adverts on my site and I would be delighted to hear from businesses who have something to share with people who love traveling and photography. If that sounds like you please do get in touch and we can discuss and ideas you may have that will help The Heartland USA get more information about who you are and what you do to an audience that wants to hear it.
- I can’t think of any websites that are absolutely perfect and I’m sure there are some things that occasionally go wrong with The Heartland USA. If you experience any technical issues, such as the site running slow on your browser or being unable to access pages on the site, I would love to hear from you. I want to make your visit to my site as enjoyable as possible, so I’ll get right on top of solving any issues that you highlight to me as soon as I know about them.
- If you want advice that you can’t find anywhere else on the site I am here to help you. Whether it is information about the best types of camera to buy or a little bit of a helping hand in getting your own traveling journey started, I’m more than happy to offer some advice. You may even give me a few ideas that I can share to The Heartland USA audience on my blog in the process.
- I will also soon be introducing a shop to The Heartland USA that includes a lot of the essentials that travellers need to make the most out of their journeys. If you have any early questions about this shop, or suggestions about what you may find useful, then I want to hear from you. Once the shop is launched, this contact page can also be used to get in touch with me to find out more information about your orders and the items the shop stocks.
Practically as soon as I started my blog my inbox was starting to receive messages from readers who enjoyed what I had to say and wanted to see more. Soon after I decided to create a separate email address – email@example.com – so I could keep the feedback I was getting from the website separate from my personal emails.
Do you want to know what I found out? A lot of people who came to The Heartland USA were fellow travellers and photographers who had a lot of useful information to share. In many cases I found that somebody who I had never even met before had taken the time to connect with me through email to offer more information about a topic I’d covered or to give me advice that would help with my photography or travels.
This led to me striking upon an idea. With so many interesting voices in my audience, wouldn’t it be great if the people who were contacting me had a platform to speak to others. Wouldn’t it also be great if I could provide them with that platform?
At that moment I decided to open The Heartland USA to other contributors. What started as a way for me to share my own travels soon evolved into a hub of information for travellers and photographers, both old and new. The website you see now would not have been possible were it not for the amazing list of contributors who have helped it to grow over the years.
Best of all, I’m always on the lookout for more people who may be able to share information and knowledge that can prove useful to me and my audience. Of course, prospective contributors need a reason to write for my website, so here are a few that may just encourage you to submit a guest post to my blog.
I Love Your Stories
The Heartland USA started out because my friends enjoyed my traveling stories and I soon found that I loved hearing about the travels of others too. So on a personal note I would love for you to contribute to my blog because I want to read about what you have to say.
Whether it’s advice for people who are new to photography or sharing a few funny experiences that you have enjoyed – or endured – during your travels, I truly believe that each and every person who contributes to my website has something of value to offer the audience. Speaking of which…
I’ve made mention throughout the site about how I love being able to make a living doing what I enjoy most. That wouldn’t be possible if The Heartland USA hadn’t managed to build an amazing audience of people who love to read the information on this blog.
From such humble beginnings, when the only people who were looking at my blog were me and a few of my friends, The Heartland USA has grown to the point where the site now gets 17,000 unique visitors every single month. 17,000! Never in my wildest dreams did I ever believe that so many people would be interested in the information that I and my contributors had to offer.
So what does this mean for you? Well, when you write and publish your post here it will be placed in front of a huge group of people who want to hear more about what you have to say. Best of all, we make sure that every contributor to our blog is offered the credit that he or she deserves for the hard work that has been put into the post. This means that if you write for my website you may also be able to reach an audience who will happily follow you to your own site or blog to find out more about who you are.
Writing Is Fun
I started life as a photographer first and a blogger a distant second. My first few posts were mostly galleries of pictures with a little bit of commentary about what they were and what I had seen. Soon I found that it was more fun to explore the meaning behind my trips and some of the photos I had taken, which is when I started to write more about them.
Want to know what I discovered? Writing about something you love is fun! I’d always had an aversion to writing in my school years because I was usually writing about things that I didn’t have great passion for. However, once I started putting pen to paper – or more accurately, fingers to keyboard – about my travels I found that I couldn’t stop. My blog led to my eBook – How It All Began – which eventually led to the success my site has enjoyed along the way.
No Experience Necessary
Maybe you like the idea of writing for The Heartland USA but don’t feel as though you have the necessary experience? Don’t worry, as neither did I when I first started out.
I want my site to be welcoming to all who have something to share, so I am more than happy to provide feedback about ideas and writing styles that will help your article engage the 17,000 unique visitors that arrive at The Heartland USA every month. Just give it a try. You may even find that you like it.
Topics We Accept
So now that you want to write for my website, it would probably help if you know what I and the site’s visitors want to hear about. Here’s just a few of the topics that we cover regularly at The Heartland USA:
- Arts and Culture
- Events & Festivals
- Food & Drink
- Health and Medicine
- Hotels & Accommodations
- Travel Activities
- Travel Destinations
- Travel Equipment
That’s just a small sample but I think you get the picture. I even have a few ideas for articles I’d love to see on the site but haven’t written myself yet:
- 11 Tips For Packing Light
- 9 Ways To Experience A New Country’s Culture First-Hand
- 8 Great Reasons You Should Learn Another Language
Hopefully that gives you the general idea of what we are looking for. If you want to know more or need to brainstorm a few ideas with me then please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or use the contact form below to get in touch.